Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Good Experience #2

For me, there is no greater joy than being able to worship my Creator through song.  I love to use this talent He has given me as a way to give right back to Him.  It is a passion of mine to lead others in truly powerful worship services, and to see them find freedom of expression through musical worship.  It is the calling God has placed on my life, and I am excited for what He is going to do through me.

When I came to Northwest University, I was pretty insecure and quickly became aware that I was not the most amazing musician on campus.  In all humility, I was the most musical of my small church that I came from, and saw no need to get any better--after all, I was at the top.  But when I came to Northwest, I quickly realized I had a lot of work to do in order to grow in my talent.

That being said, I was pretty sure I wouldn't be good enough to get on the Chapel worship teams.  I looked around and saw so many people who could play or sing so much better than me and I felt very insignificant, almost invisible, and a little dejected.  That being said, you can imagine my surprise when I opened an email to discover I had successfully auditioned onto a team!  I felt overwhelmed with happiness and excitement, so much that I couldn't stop telling everyone the good news.  This only confirmed God's calling for my life, and over the past 3 years I have continued to play on Chapel worship teams, growing more every day in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment